BioBreaks is a biotech focused Slack community
The biotech slack group for connecting with all things biotech.
BioBreaks connects people, ideas, news, and companies in the biotech industry. As a community we strive to democratize access to biotech information, improve member connections, provide critical in-depth conversations, and promote the ascension of biotech in society.
- Current communities are mostly offline
- Biotech needs more mainstream-friendly mediums
- Real-time engagement
- Distributed and aggregated biotech expertise
- A topic for everyone
- Open, Free, and Self Sustaining
What counts as biotech?
- Biotechnology is utilizing our understanding of biology to measure, treat, and enhance human life.
- Or more simply technology based on biology
- Common subfields include:
- Blue biotech (Marine)
- Green biotech (Agriculture/Earth)
- Red biotech (Medicine/Health)
- White biotech (Industrial)
Who’s in the group?
BioBreaks is a mixed bag, full of students, teachers, researchers, founders, engineers, executives, investors, and journalists from throughout the biotech industry. We also strive to promote ethnic and gender diversity.